Planet Granite Membership FAQ
1) How do I sign up for a membership? What do I need to provide?
You can sign up at the front desk at any time provided you have a photo ID and a form of payment (cash, check, VISA/MC). See here for membership types, rates, and requirements.
2) What benefits do I have as a member?
As a member, you have the following benefits:
- Access to all three Planet Granite locations
- Unlimited climbing
- Unlimited Yoga & fitness classes
- Use of fitness & weights
- Discounted rates on PG climbing classes and workshops
- 10% off any item in our Gear Shop (excluding already discounted or package items).
- Guest passes (see below for details)
- Discounts with vendors (varies depending on season, subscribe to our newsletter for updates!)
Current Vendor Discounts:
Through a recent partnership, all Planet Granite members are eligible to receive a 20% discount on any 1 or 2-day O.A.R.S. rafting trip on the American River. Must book online using discount code 20PG2013. Offer valid through September 29th, 2013. All rafters will also receive complimentary camping before and after their trip at the new O.A.R.S. River Park Adventure Campground in Lotus, CA. Please visit www.oars.com/california for more trip details.
3) As a member, do I have any guest passes?
Yes, PG members have 3 different ways of bringing in a guest!
- Members are automatically issued 1 guest pass every other month on the 1st of the issuing month. The electronic pass is automatically added to your account and is tracked by the computer – they are not physical passes. You can use your guest pass for a guest at check-in. Once the pass has been used, you must wait until the next issuing month to use the next one as the guest passes do not accrue. Guest passes cover the day pass only – gear rental is not included. Member’s that have frozen their account cannot use the guest pass for themselves or a guest during the freeze
- Issuing months: January, March, May, July, September, November
- The 1st Friday of every month is GUEST NIGHT. Members can bring one guest after 5pm on guest night. Guest night covers the day pass for your guest – gear rental is not included.
- Members may reserve up to two spots at a time in our scheduled belay lessons for their guests. Lessons can be booked through the front desk and no charges will apply – just let the front desk know that you are a member booking the lesson for a guest. Member must be present with their guests at check-in, but does not have to take the class with their guests. The lesson, gear rental, and use of the facility after the class are all included making this a great way to introduce your friends to climbing!
4) Can I put my membership on hold if I know I won’t be using it?
Yes! Members can freeze their membership at a cost of $10 per month.
For monthly members, the freeze must begin on the 1st of a month and the deadline to request the freeze is the last day of the month prior to the start of the freeze. For example, to freeze beginning September 1st, you must submit your request to freeze by August 31st.
For yearly members, the freeze can begin at anytime, but the membership must be frozen for month-long segments of time (i.e. April 12th – May 12th).
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
5) What is the billing process for monthly members?
Billing for the month is processed and finalized on the 1st of each calendar month. The electronic funds transfer then posts on the 15th of the month (or the next business day should the 15th fall on a Sunday or holiday).
The charge posts on the 15th of the month for which it applies – for example, dues for the calendar month of September post on September 15th. Please note, however, that changes to billing for the month must be requested and finalized prior to the 1st of the month. Though the charge posts on the 15th, billing is finalized and processed on the 1st and no changes can be made once it is the 1st of the month.
Monthly Charges appear on your account as ‘Planet Granite.’
6) What if I need to change my billing account?
Billing account changes are due by the 19th of the month in order to have the account set up to bill for the upcoming month. For example, checks turned in by August 19th will begin billing in September.
If you know your bank account has been disabled please contact us right away, either by contacting your local gym manager or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we attempt to bill your account and the payment is denied, dues for the month will be requested at check-in. A $10 service fee applies to all failed transactions.
7) How do I cancel my membership?
Cancellation requests are due by close of business on the last day of the month so that we can remove you from the upcoming month’s billing. As of the 1st you are committed to that calendar month, and billing for that month will post on the 15th. For example, to make October your last month of membership, you must request cancellation by October 31st. As of November 1st the earliest date of cancellation is November 30th and billing for November will post on November 15th.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing at the front desk or through email@example.com. We will respond to every cancellation request. If you do not receive a reply, please verify you have sent your request to the correct email address and contact your local gym immediately.