Pop quiz, hot shot!
What’s your reason to Battle For Bolts at Planet Granite Belmont, sending as many routes as you and your team can in 24 hours to raise money for the American Safe Climbing Association?
- Shiny new bolts save lives! And look purty
- Just found out there’s plenty of time to sleep when you’re dead
- Too much Yerba mate on hand
- Got a fever, and the only cure is more free climbing comp T-shirts
No matter your motivation, sign up now while spots still remain for this Planet Granite first! Only 100 participants can compete and earn extreme limited-edition complementary “I survived the Battle for Bolts” T-shirt.
Compete for prizes in teams of two, or participate in a climbing relay with up to four teammates!
“The purpose is to create a really fun and unique challenge for the members, and raise lots of money for the ASCA so they can continue their re-bolting efforts,” says Jesse Schouboe, marketing coordinator of Planet Granite Belmont. “They’re one of the major organizations making climbing safer, and we want to help them make that happen.”
Participants must donate at least $50 to the ASCA. Because Planet Granite matches all donations to the ASCA in October, your contribution will be doubled. Register now!
When and where the rubber meets the wall:
Saturday, Oct. 17 – Sunday, Oct. 18
10 a.m. – 10 a.m.
Contest rules here
A quick reminder of why all this matters:
- The ASCA is a 501(c)3 non-profit group dedicated to helping keep our sport climbing areas safe.
- Since 1998, the ASCA has replaced over 14,000 old bolts at local climbing spots like Pinnacles, Donner Summit, Yosemite, and Tuolumne and hundreds of other areas nearby and around the globe
- Primarily volunteer-run, the ASCA relies on donations from individuals and organizations such as ours
- As sport climbing grows in popularity and more volunteers replace old bolts, the ASCA ran out of money earlier this year
- All contributions are tax deductible
We’d welcome sponsor donations of food, prizes, and fitness class activities! Contact Jesse
for our sponsorship packet if you are interested in sponsoring this event.