Kids love to climb! Here are just a few steps to get started climbing at Planet Granite!
- Every visitor to Planet Granite must complete the liability waiver AND present a government-issued photo ID card within 30 days of completing the waiver. For minors under 18 years of age, the liability waiver must be signed by a parent or legal guardian*. If the parent or guardian will not be present, please bring a photocopy of the adult’s government-issued photo ID for signature verification. *Please note: legal guardians must present proof of guardianship to sign a child’s waiver.
- There are two types of climbing, route climbing or bouldering.
- Route climbing, which is the more widely known style of climbing, requires a belayer, or person managing the ropes for a climber. Parents can either learn to belay by taking one of our Parent Child Belay Lessons or hire a private belayer (call for reservations).
- Bouldering is a type of climbing that is shorter to the ground and does not use ropes so is a fun and simple way to introduce your child to climbing.
Looking for something more structured? Check out your gym below for our kid’s offerings including camps, after school programs, and more!
- Wear comfortable clothes and tie on shoes. We have gear available to rent for both kids and adults!
That’s all you need—you’re ready to climb! Any other questions? Check out our FAQ page. For more on our Kids offerings, visit your gym below!