The Monthly Challenge is new to PG Sunnyvale, brought to you by our F10 Fitness Manager Suzie Williams. She’ll be coming up with new challenges each month, with a goal to incorporate climbing-specific strengths into each of them.
She’s also introducing a new F10 Fitness class geared toward climbers,
F10 20-20-20, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7pm starting in June!
This new class will NOT require F10 Fundamentals or any lifting experience. Check out the class description below!
F10 20/20/20 is focused specifically for the climber as well as the fitness enthusiast who would like to gain more mobility and body weight strength and control. The class is broken down into 20 minute of mobility, flexibility, and balance training. The next 20 minutes is body weight strengthening, targeted to gymnastics type movements such as ring exercises, handstand progressions, palette movements, and midline accessory strength and stability. The last 20 minutes will focus on aerobic training using running, rowing, box jumps, and various other movements to train the cardiovascular system. If you are looking for a class that will help to improve your climbing and overall fitness, this is it! No fitness background required. Anyone is welcome to attend.
THE MAY CHALLENGE
THE PLATE PINCH
Two IGX plates (not the bumper plates), one in each hand, with the appropriate weight (see below). These are located on the white smith squat/bench press rack toward the front of the fitness area.
Men: 45-lb IGX plates
Women: 35-lb IGX plates
– You may not use any part of the handles on the plate.
– The plate may not touch any part of your body – time is called if the plates make any contact.
– The plate must be at or below the hips.
– You must have a witness/timer any time you participate in the challenge
– You may repeat this challenge as many times as you would like.
– Submit your name, time, date of submission, e-mail and witness signature in the drop box.
– Top scores will be posted and updated on a leader board each week, with the final leaderboard posted on June 1st!
– A Planet Granite t-shirt of your choice will be awarded to the top male and top female plate pincher!