Getting a Planet Granite membership is like opening a door to opportunities. If you visit the gym more than a few times a month, a membership offers a great deal on pricing and gives you a multitude of advantages. Not only do our members enjoy full access to our gym, yoga classes, climbing, and most fitness classes, they also receive a 10% discount at PG Gear Shops, discounts on climbing classes and workshops, guest passes, access to member only after hour climbing events, and more!
Choose Your Gym to See Details and Pricing for Passes and Memberships:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up for a membership? What do I need to provide?
Bring your photo ID and a form of payment (cash, check, credit card) to the front desk and we’ll get you all set up!
Monthly memberships pay a prorated amount at sign up and are billed by calendar month every month thereafter. After the 1st monthly billing, the membership can be cancelled at any time. A credit card or checking account is required for all monthly billed memberships.
Annual memberships are paid in full and expire 1 year from the date of sign up. This discounted rate is only available when paying for the year in full. Annual memberships are not available at our Maryland facilities.
An initiation fee is owed to start a membership. See below for Student and Family membership specific info!
Who qualifies for a family membership?
Family memberships are for couples in a committed relationship and their dependent children. A maximum of 2 adults (18 years old and up) are allowed on a family account and additional children must be under 18. Roommates and adult siblings do not qualify for a family membership.
Family proof, showing that the adults on the membership reside at the same address, must be submitted by significant others in a committed relationship and immediate family. Roommates do not qualify. Married couples and domestic partners do not need to provide proof of address. Proof of address includes: copies of drivers licenses, copies of bills or account statements, or lease agreements and can be submitted here.
Who qualifies for a student membership?
Children under 18 and full-time undergrad and graduate students are eligible for our discounted student membership.
Students 18 and older must provide proof of full-time student status within 30 days of sign up and again every September, to remain at the discounted student rate.
The following are examples of student proof:
– 18 years old high school students submit a photocopy of their school ID
– Undergraduate and Graduate students submit a screenshot or printout of their full-time enrollment (12 units undergrad /9 units for graduate students) that shows their name, the term, the school’s name, and the total units enrolled for the term. If the school measure’s full-time status differently, then supplemental documentation of what the school considers full-time must be submitted with your proof of enrollment.
Dues automatically adjust to the individual rate if proof is not turned in. Proof can be submitted here.
Resubmitting Proof Yearly: Monthly Student members must submit student proof every September to remain at the student rate. Annual members must submit proof at renewal. If no proof is submitted, the dues will automatically increase to the individual rate.
Can I bring someone as a guest if I have a membership?
Each member on an account can use up to 6 guest passes per calendar year at a maximum of 2 per calendar month.
Guest passes reset every January 1 and passes do not accrue.
Guest Passes cannot be used when the membership is frozen and gear rentals are not included.
Guest Intro to Climbing: Belay Lesson!
Need a friend to belay you? … we’ll teach them for free!
Reserve up to two (2) guest spots per day in our scheduled Intro to Climbing: Belay Lessons! Lessons can be booked through the front desk or via the website at no charge by using the customer type Member Guest. You must be there to check in your guest at the gym on the day of their lesson!
Remember – the belay lesson is always free for you! As an added bonus for your guests (and new climbing buddies), gear rental and use of the facility after the lesson is all included!
Can I freeze my membership if I know I won’t be using it?
Yes! We know stuff comes up, so all monthly and annual prepaid members can freeze their membership. Freezes must last for a minimum of 1 month. Monthly billed members can request a freeze here. Annual prepaid members can request a freeze via email@example.com.
• Monthly Billed Members– Freezes must begin on the 1st of a calendar month, and the deadline to request a freeze is last day of the prior month. (Example: to freeze beginning June 1st, the request must be submitted no later than May 31st). The cost is $8 per member per month. Request a freeze here: https://planetgranite.com/membership-requests/
• Family memberships with some frozen and some active pay a $8 freeze fee for each frozen member PLUS the standard membership rates for those that are active.
• To unfreeze your membership, request to automatically unfreeze on the 1st of an upcoming month by requesting this in advance of the 1st OR come into the gym and unfreeze anytime mid-month. When unfreezing in person at the gym, the prorated amount for the rest of the month is due. If not paid that day, the amount will roll into the upcoming month’s billing and you will be billed both the full dues amount PLUS the prorated amount from your thaw the previous month.
• Annual Prepaid Members – Freezes can begin at any time as long as they are requested the day prior. A freeze must last at least 30 days and freezes are $8 per member per month. The expiration date will be extended by the total number of days frozen once freeze fees are paid. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a freeze.
• Families freezing one person while keeping the other active will have the expiration date for both members extended by ½ the total duration of the freeze.
• The unfreeze date for annual prepaid members can be set at the time the freeze is requested, or can be requested at a later date. Contact email@example.com. to unfreeze your annual prepaid membership, or visit the front desk!
• 30 Day (Short Term) Memberships – Freezes cannot be placed on a 30 Day membership or other short term prepaid memberships.
Can I add a member to my account?
Yes! If the person you are adding qualifies under our family membership requirements, you can add them at anytime and we’ll prorate their membership! There is no initiation fee charged when adding a member.
For Monthly members, the current calendar month is prorated and the new billing rate goes into effect on the 1st of the upcoming month.
For Annual Prepaid members, the prorate is calculated to the current expiration date and is based on the monthly membership rate. The discounted annual rate is not prorated because that rate only applies when a full annual payment is made and is not prorated.
Add (or drop) a family member to your account here.
How does the billing process work?
Annual prepaid & 30 Day short term memberships are paid in full up front, so there is no ongoing billing. All memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Monthly membership fees are auto-charged on the 1st of each calendar month. The charge hits your account within 1-5 business days of the 1st of the month. All account changes (i.e., freezing, cancelling, etc) must be submitted by the last day of the month, before auto-billing on the 1st. As of the 1st, billing has already processed, and changes cannot be made to the current month.
Monthly dues payments appear on your account as ‘Earth Treks.’ Billing continues monthly until written request to cancel is received. Cancellations take effect at close of business at the end of the calendar month and cannot be prorated. Cancellation must be requested by the last day of the month. As of the 1st, billing has been processed.
New or updated account information can be submitted here.
How can I change my billing information?
You can submit new credit card or banking information via our online change form here.
How do I cancel my membership?
Monthly memberships must be cancelled in writing via the online form here, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cancellation requests for monthly memberships must be submitted by close of business on the last day of the month. As of the 1st, billing has been processed and the earlies cancellation is the end of the month. All cancellations take effect at close of business on the end of a calendar month; cancellations cannot be prorated to cancel mid-month.
Annual and Prepaid memberships are non-refundable.
We respond and confirm all change requests! If you email or submit a form and haven’t received confirmation within 3 business days, please contact us immediately – 410-872-0060 x406.
What is my home gym and how does it affect my membership?
Your home gym is either where you sign up for membership or the gym you visit most frequently. Since some of our locations have different membership rates, your home gym determines your monthly/annual prepaid rate.
Life and job changes happen so we keep an eye on gym visits monthly. Your home gym may change if a different location is visited most often for 2-3 consecutive months. [We measure this from the 16th to the 15th of each month.] For family memberships, we look at the sum total of all visits for a family.
Don’t worry though! We’ll reach out to you via email if this is the case, so please be sure your contact information in our system is current.
Moving and want to proactively request a change? Email us at email@example.com and let us know in advance!
Please note: refunds will not be issued for retroactive changes.