Bloc Party is our annual bouldering competition! Every fall season, our gym features boulder problems of all grades to challenge both new and advanced climbers that ends in a nail-biting Onsight Final where the top men and women compete for a cash purse! The Bloc Party is an event not to be missed!
Bloc Party 2019:
Sat. October 19th, 2019
Day of Schedule:
10am: Registration opens
11am: Climbing starts
3:30pm: Open climbing ends
4pm: All climbing ends
4:30pm: Onsight finals begin
Raffle occurs after finals
FREE for Members
Day Pass rate for Non-Members
Members! You can use a guest pass for Bloc Party! Bring in a friend to climb, hang out and have fun!
Bloc Party is open to anyone 13+. Categories are as follows:
Onsight Series Final
The top competitors of the comp from both mens and womens categories are invited to compete in the Final at the end of the comp. The Final consists of three problems with five minutes for each competitor to attempt the climb.
- Category is chosen based on top two climbs completed.
- Participants can climb ONE climb outside of their category. However, if they complete 2 or more problems in a higher category, they will be bumped to a higher category. Competitors will be ranked within their category based on their Total Score, which is the sum of their top five climbs.
- Total score ties within a category will be broken by the competitors’ highest scoring problem.
- If a competitor does not finish 5 climbs, their Total Score will be the sum of whatever they climbed. They will still be categorized based on their two highest scoring problems.
- Ascents must be witnessed by two people and initialed by each.
- Five attempts per problem. X off points for every try, circle the final score when problem is sent.
- Must complete three problems to turn in a score card for a shirt and raffle ticket.
- No sandbagging! Sandbaggers will be bumped at PG’s discretion.
- To be eligible to compete in Bloc Party finals, participants must score in the top 3 during the regular competition.
- Have fun!
Interested in being a sponsor for Bloc Party 2019? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Important Waiver Information:
Every competitor and spectator entering the facility must complete the Liability Waiver, watch the Bouldering Orientation Video, AND present a government-issued photo ID card within 30 days of completing the waiver. For minors under 18 years of age, the liability waiver must be signed by a parent or legal guardian*. If the parent or guardian will not be present, please bring a photocopy of the adult’s government-issued photo ID for signature verification.
*Please note: legal guardians must present proof of guardianship to sign a minor’s waiver.