A ROPED CLIMBING COMPETITION
The Portland Pulldown is our Spring Roped Climbing comp with an Onsight Final to conclude the event.
Saturday, March 9, 2019
DAY OF SCHEDULE
11:00am: Registration begins
11:30am: Climbing begins for Open category
12:00pm: Climbing begins for Recreational and Advanced categories
4:30pm: Climbing ends for Open category
5:00pm: Climbing ends for Recreational and Advanced categories
5:15pm: Finals start
Raffle begins immediately after finals end
Comps are open to people of all ages and abilities. Categories (for both men and women) are as follows:
Recreational: Up to 5.10b
Advanced: 5.10c – 5.11c
*Open (lead): 5.11d and higher
**Youth (top rope only): All youth 15 years and under
Adaptive (top rope only): Up to 5.11d
*Any participant wanting to compete in the Open category must pass the Planet Granite lead check by March 8th.
**Youth under 16 wanting to compete in the Open category must contact firstname.lastname@example.org before March 1st.
The top 3 scores of the comp will be invited to participate in our onsight final! Witness the best climbers duke it out high above on ropes in an action packed, breath holding event! Even better – the routes will be left up after the comp so you can test your skills against the best.
RAFFLE FOR PRIZES PLUS FOOD AND BEER! A raffle will be held to auction off amazing gear by our awesome sponsors. We’ll have some yummy grub, great beer and of course T-shirts! There’s no other place to be on Saturday night!
- Top three scores must be from 3 different routes.
- Finish hold or top of wall must be controlled (held for 2 seconds with controlled movement) to count.
- Category is chosen based on your hardest climb.
- No sandbagging categories. Sandbaggers will be bumped at PG’s discretion.
- If competitor completes one route outside of their category, competitor will be bumped to the higher category.
- Recreational and Advanced are top rope only.
- Routes marked Lead only can only be lead climbed.
- Total score ties within a category will be broken by the competitor’s highest scoring route. If competitor does not finish 3 routes, their total score will be the sum of their completed routes.
- Three attempts per route, must complete two routes to turn in a score card for shirt and a raffle ticket!
Have fun! FREE for members, $21 for non-members. No pre-registration necessary!
Important Waiver Information:
Every competitor and spectator entering the facility must complete the Liability Waiver, watch the Bouldering Orientation Video, AND present a government-issued photo ID card within 30 days of completing the waiver. For minors under 18 years of age, the liability waiver must be signed by a parent or legal guardian*. If the parent or guardian will not be present, please bring a photocopy of the adult’s government-issued photo ID for signature verification.
*Please note: legal guardians must present proof of guardianship to sign a minor’s waiver.