Happy Halloween weekend, San Francisco! While you may be expecting bad traffic on Friday night (always a good reason to leave work early and go climbing), you may NOT be aware of an event Sunday in the Presidio that will close roads and shut parking areas.
The TL;DR upshot is:
- If you’re coming to the gym Sunday before 10:30 a.m., walking or riding a bike is your best bet
- Parking by the stables won’t be available until around 9:45-10 a.m.
- Mason Street is closed until 10:30ish
If you like it long and you love to read, here’s the good stuff.
There’s a run, Mermaid Race San Francisco, from 6:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., which will close:
- Mason Street from Marina Gate to the Warming Hut
- All roads intersecting Mason Street, such as Crissy Field Ave. + Lincoln Blvd. from McDowell Ave. to the Toll Plaza Entrance
- All roads intersecting Lincoln Blvd. such as Long Ave. and McDowell Ave.
- All street parking and parking lots along the route will be closed during the course of the race