Spoiler Alert! Reason #1- Individual competitors can now enter
- Individual competitors can now enter, no team needed! This means that if you want to participate, but haven’t been able to find a partner, you can climb anyway. Swap belays with other individual competitors, boulder on your own, and maybe even find a team the day of the comp.
- A HUGE prize pool. Seriously, we have so much awesome stuff to give away. Across the outdoor industry companies are psyched to support the ASCA’s re-bolting mission. Black Diamond, CAMP, Evolv, Icebreaker, Patagonia, Rock & Ice, Flashed, lululemon athletica, SFT Climbing, Skout, Two Ogres, Muscle Milk, and Naturewise have all stepped up big time. Take a gander…
- It’s all for fun – You don’t need to climb 24 hours straight. Take breaks, go home and come back, and relax with your new friends. This is a fun community-building event, and it’s as intense or as casual as you make it. Whether you’re a grizzled 5.14d monster or a wide-eyed 5.8 acolyte, you can tailor your own experience to fit.
- Games and possible prize winning all day, plus event T-shirts. We have mini games and prizes throughout the event for competitors and spectators alike. These games will test your skill, strength, and sense of humor.
- This supports the American Safe Climbing Association (ASCA). The ASCA is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping keep our sport climbing areas safe. Since 1998, the ASCA has replaced over 14,000 old bolts at local climbing areas like Pinnacles, Donner Summit, Yosemite, and Tuolumne and hundreds of other areas across the state and worldwide. Largely run by volunteers, the ASCA relies on donations from individuals and organizations such as ours.