Verify email address
Bring photo ID to climb
Every visitor to Planet Granite must complete the liability waiver AND present a government-issued photo ID card within 30 days of completing the waiver. For minors under 18 years of age, the liability waiver must be signed by a parent or legal guardian*. If the parent or guardian will not be present, please bring a photocopy of the adult’s government-issued photo ID for signature verification. *Please note: legal guardians must present proof of guardianship to sign a child’s waiver.
Climbing can be fun for everyone: all ages and abilities! If you are interested in bringing your child to climb, check out our recommendations for kids’ First Time at PG.
Please note that all visitors to Planet Granite must watch a short Orientation Video. Click here to do this prior to coming to our gym.
Get Familiar with Gym Policies
- All climbers and observers must check in at the front desk before proceeding into Planet Granite.
- Climbing is inherently dangerous. Participants must assume the risks of climbing. All climbers, facility participants, individuals operating a safety system, and anyone walking on a padded surface at Planet Granite must sign (or their parent/guardian must sign) Planet Granite’s Waiver And Release Of Liability For Any Injury Or Death And Assumption Of Risks form.
- Double check your partner’s safety system (Knots / Harness / Carabiners / Belay Device) before every climb! Planet Granite staff reserve the right to check safety systems at any time.
- Individuals desiring to top rope belay, lead belay, or lead climb at Planet Granite must be at least 13 years of age and pass the corresponding Belay Check. Those individuals who do not pass or choose to not take the Belay Check may not belay or tie knots, and must wait a minimum of 24 hours before taking or re-taking the Belay Check. Individuals who have passed the Lead Climb Check may borrow a lead rope at the front desk, or use a personal rope provided it’s a single UIAA approved rope at least 40 meters in length. Planet Granite staff reserve the right to revoke belay privileges at any time. Limited exceptions to the age requirement are made for Planet Granite climbing team members.
- Climbing ropes must be tied directly to the climber’s harness. Clipping the rope to the harness is prohibited.
- Weight differences between the climber and the belayer can greatly impact the safety of both individuals.
- All persons using the facility are expected to respect other individuals at Planet Granite and conduct themselves in good order. Persons deemed by Planet Granite staff to be behaving in an unsafe or disorderly fashion will be asked to leave the facility.
- Youth: Youth climbers under the age of 13 must be supervised by an adult (18 years or older) or by an Planet Granite staff member. Youth under the age of 13 are not permitted in fitness areas. Parents and caregivers are responsible for the supervision of their children. Limited exceptions to the fitness area age requirement are made for Planet Granite climbing team members.
ALL lead climbers and belayers must fill out a lead assumption of risk
- Individuals desiring to lead belay or lead climb at Planet Granite must be at least 13 years of age and pass the corresponding Belay Check. The lead assumption of risk form must be completed prior to taking the Lead Climb/Belay Check.
- For minors under 18 years of age, the lead assumption of risk must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.