Workout of the Week: Shoulder Strength & Stability with Jack from Planet Granite on Vimeo.
Systems Board Circuits
The Systems Board is an amazingly versatile training tool. Whether you’re looking to increase your rope endurance, or your bouldering power, the systems board can help you get there. This week Jesse shows us the first steps to creating a circuit to suit your training needs. Here’s how it works:
- Create a sequence of your own. As Jesse stated, if you’d like to train endurance, create a longer easier problem. If you’d like to train power, create a shorter harder problem.
- Climb your sequence with with wall perfectly vertical.
- Increase the angle of the wall one notch, and climb your sequence. This is “medium”
- Repeat step 3. This will now be “hard”
- Climb in sets: 3x of Easy/Medium/Hard
- Have fun!
TIME: ~30 minutes
DIFFICULTY: All levels
EQUIPMENT: Shoes, chalk bag, water.
FOCUS: Whatever you’re looking to improve on!
Climbing and climbing training, such as the exercises in the WOW, are inherently dangerous activities. Participation in these exercises is done at your own risk. If you have any injuries, we recommend you do not attempt a WOW. If you have any concerns about your abilities or the exercises, consult a qualified medical practitioner or athletic trainer. Before using the fitness area, equipment, classes or any other training at Planet Granite, it is your responsibility to read and understand the posted gym rules and Safety Guidelines found here: http://www.planetgranite.com/climbing/training/training_safetyguidelines.php